Monday, August 18, 2008

Funny Talk

I love some of the things Calvin has been saying lately.

He doesn't quite know when to use her/ she and him/he yet. So he says things like "I want she to stop" when Lily is bothering him.

He also learned the song "Book of Mormon Stories" in nursery last week and all I have heard for a week is:

Book of Mormon stories that my teacher tells to me
Long ago their fathers came from far across the seas
give this man righteously

He is only missing a couple of lines but I love hearing it nonetheless. I have taught him the actions and all of the words but he likes to revert back to his version unless I am singing with him.

On Saturday we were driving up to Fairview to spend the day with the cousins and Calvin Says "Mom, will my princess Ambree be there." I said "No, we won't see her today" and Calvin replied "Well, I guess I am just going to have to get a new princess then." and he proceeded to ask who would be a good candidate of princess for the day.

I love listening to all of the things he comes up with, I need to remember to write more of it down.

Lily still isn't saying much. She is saying Uh-oh, hi, mama, dada and all sorts of gibberish. She is taking about 5 or 6 steps now before she decides to get back down and crawl. I will have to post a video sometime, it is pretty cute. We also lost her binky at BreAnna's wedding so we decided to not buy another one and just be done with it, she has been quite the grouch at nap time, but other than that she has done great.

2 comments:

King Family said...

Cute! I can't wait to have kids. I need to finish school first of course but I still can't wait. They are so cute!

Tina said...

Goodness gracious, I haven't been to your blog in forever . . . I can't believe all I've been missing . . . your blog is private and so it doesn't show up as having been updated recently, so I kind of forgot about it. . . .

Chrissy, have you noticed how your parents, when talking to younger children use the he/she, her/his incorrectly. . . I was always amazed that you, their children were able to straighten it out as the years went by. I thought it was cute, but also pretty thought provoking. . . . .