Monday, August 18, 2008

Fire in Microwave

I feel like Betty Crocker or something! On the day BreAnna got married we were heating some bacon in our microwave and all of the sudden there are sparks and flames and the inside of our microwave is on fire. The bacon was untouched but the side of the microwave was ruined. So I sat on the phone forever making an appt. with the Whirlpool technician for the next week. Needless to say, they did not show up the day they were suppose to and they were extremely late the next day. Then when they got here they said they would have to order parts and they could come back in 10 more days. Aaaah! How did our mothers and grandmothers do it. I mean just heating up leftovers takes forever! I am washing pans like crazy because everything has to be heated up in a pan. Anyways, I jokingly asked the bishop if he had an extra microwave and this morning he called and said he found one in his basement. It has only been hours and I am loving it already. I can't wait to get ours fixed but this large, older version of a microwave will do great for now. Thank you Bishop. Go ahead, I dare you, do not use your microwave for 10 days and see if you are going crazy!

3 comments:

AMS said...

it's so sad that we depend on our everyday comforts of life so much! but i'm with you! no microwave, no dishwasher, no washer or dryer, no oven, no tv, etc., etc. and i'd be toast!

Wendi said...

I don't think that I knew that you could fix microwaves. I don't think I would have even thought about calling and getting it fixed. I think I would have just bought another one. Good thinking.

Tina said...

I've never thought of fixing a microwave either. . . . snicker, snicker . . . I'm waiting for my washer/dryer repairman at this moment. . . they BOTH went down at the same time! Truth is stranger than fiction it has been said.