Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Potty Training week

It is official, no more diapers for Calvin. We started potty training this week and things are going pretty well. He has only had a few accidents. One was in the shopping cart while at Wal-mart, yuk! After soaking himself a couple of times he seems to be learning pretty fast. We decided to just let him sleep in underwear instead confusing him with diapers at night. He hasn't even wet the bed once (it has only been 3 nights, but I think that is pretty good, I still have to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night myself!) Any advice you may have is greatly appreciated.

6 comments:

jeri said...

Sounds like you're doing awesome! Just make sure to make a big deal of the successes and ignore the setbacks as best you can. Make it a positive experience.

King Family said...

My grandma says that a spoonful of honey before bed helps with wetting the bed. I don't know how but they did it for me and it helped. Hope he keeps up the good work!!

The Beals said...

Hey!! So we are officially NOT homeless!!!!!! How are you? It has been a whirlwind of a couple weeks!! I feel like I have been in a different country and have abandoned my friends!!! Hope your doing good!!!

The Beals said...

By the way... WAY TO GO CALVIN!!!

Jaime said...

I was bad with the pull-ups. Occasionally we would use them at night and some nights we wouldn't. WAY confusing! When I stopped with the pull-ups all together, she was dry every night!

Smith Family said...

We really didn't do the pull up thing either. We just made sure that the kids really didn't drink anything an hour before bed. And they go potty before bed. Sounds like Calvin is doing great!!