I took the kids to the Scarecrow Festival at Thanksgiving point. They really enjoyed all of the games and the train ride.



We carved pumpkins as a family and roasted the seeds.

We also went to a couple of ward Halloween parties. And to Jon's work party. At Jon's work party they always have trick or treating for the kids, Calvin and Lily love that. And this year they had the lab people do a couple of experiments with the kids which were fun to watch. They had vomiting pumpkins, goo making, and dry ice bubbles.
Jon dressed up as a member of the CDA. The child detection agency from Monsters inc. I was a witch. Calvin was a knight, of course. And Lily was Minnie mouse for the day activities and a flower for trick or treating.




On Halloween we had a party at Sam and Sam's which was fun. Everyone dressed up and had really cool costumes. We played fun games and had good food.





Halloween night I made soup and breadsticks, it's a Halloween tradition (my mom always made halloween chili and breadsticks). And we took the kids trick or treating around the neighborhood. Jon got quite a few comments about his cool costume, however, not very many people new what he was. People thought he was a fireman or hazmat person. Lily absolutely loved trick or treating! She kept saying, "this is sooo fun Mom". And she would also say "I am warm", which I was grateful for because I had to convince her to wear her flower instead of Minnie mouse, because it would keep her warm. Our neighborhood gets really into Halloween and they make it really fun. With all the smoke machines, cool music, flying ghosts and buried goblins, we had a great time walking around!
We also went to a couple of ward Halloween parties. And to Jon's work party. At Jon's work party they always have trick or treating for the kids, Calvin and Lily love that. And this year they had the lab people do a couple of experiments with the kids which were fun to watch. They had vomiting pumpkins, goo making, and dry ice bubbles.
Jon dressed up as a member of the CDA. The child detection agency from Monsters inc. I was a witch. Calvin was a knight, of course. And Lily was Minnie mouse for the day activities and a flower for trick or treating.
On Halloween we had a party at Sam and Sam's which was fun. Everyone dressed up and had really cool costumes. We played fun games and had good food.
Halloween night I made soup and breadsticks, it's a Halloween tradition (my mom always made halloween chili and breadsticks). And we took the kids trick or treating around the neighborhood. Jon got quite a few comments about his cool costume, however, not very many people new what he was. People thought he was a fireman or hazmat person. Lily absolutely loved trick or treating! She kept saying, "this is sooo fun Mom". And she would also say "I am warm", which I was grateful for because I had to convince her to wear her flower instead of Minnie mouse, because it would keep her warm. Our neighborhood gets really into Halloween and they make it really fun. With all the smoke machines, cool music, flying ghosts and buried goblins, we had a great time walking around!
1 comment:
I am so glad someone enjoys Halloween. It sounds like you had a lot of fun last month.
Post a Comment