A few weeks ago we had the great priviledge of listening to general conference. Oh, how I love conference. It is a little bit harder to listen to the talks as intently with two little munchkins needing attention. But I made them a conference tent and coloring book and got out all sorts of toys and I was able to hear most of what was said. Jon was working all weekend but he was able to listen while at work, in the piece and quiet, and he rather enjoyed it.
There were so many great talks but there are always a few that stick with you. Elder Hollands testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon was quite amazing. Elder Bednar and Elder Uchdorf's talk of love and the family were very touching. And of course I loved hearing President Monson's words. I am going to try out the warm fuzzy jar idea this next year in primary and we are going to send it to him. I think the kids will be so excited.
Every conference I seem to catch a general theme that stands out to me and that is how I remember that particular conference and why it was special. A couple of years ago it seemed like there were a lot of warnings and be prepared sort of themes. Last April's conference had a them of peace and comfort and turning to the Lord and being happy. This conference seemed like they were trying to say "Do just a little better" try harder to follow the gospel, it is true, so live it the best you can. I know everyone gets their own feelings after listening to the powerful talks and these are just some of my thoughts. I do know one thing for sure, after listening to conference I feel spiritually renewed and ready to do better in my own life.
No comments:
Post a Comment