Somehow we got really lucky and acquired a lot of free, delicious peaches this last month. We decided to try our hand at making freezer jam and bottling peaches. When I read that the freezer jam recipe called for twice as much sugar as fruit I was a little freaked out, so I skimped a little on the sugar. The jam is a little runny but still delicious and you will not get a sugar high off of it. Jon and I spent one morning bottling the peaches. It took us about 3 hours to bottle 21 jars. And they turned out great. And a big thanks to Grandma Stevens for all of the canning supplies!
2 comments:
Wow, you and Jon have been really industrious! Looks like your doing great!
(love your new blog skin!)
You are so good at being a homemaker! Holy cow, I remember my mom canning and bottling when I was younger and it always seemed like so much work! I think the garden would be enough, but no, you can/bottle too! Good job guys. That will be so nice to have in the winter.
Post a Comment