Monday, October 13, 2008

Early Christmas presents

I am the worst when it comes to keeping presents from people. As soon as I buy a present I am so excited that I have to give it to the person right away. I bought Calvin another tool set, which he doesn't need, but it had a drill kind of like the one he lost a year ago. He has asked me to help him find his lost drill at least 100 times in the last 6 months. And I bought Lily a little doll stroller. I also bought the family a game called Jumping Monkeys. All of these things were suppose to be for Christmas but with the cold weather lately and all of the staying inside boredom I would breakdown and bring out one of the presents at a time. We will also go to the DI occasionally to get used toys because they are such great deals. Jon and I took the kids there last week and came home with a battery powered ATV, a tool bench for Calvin and a mega block race track. This is really not like us, I guess we just got the toy bug or something. To make up for all the new junk, we hauled some old stuff off to DI. I think I better buy presents on Christmas Eve so we have something to open on Christmas morning ;)


4 comments:

Wendi said...

Peter is always asking me to go to DI, but I usually turn him down because (my reason is) we have enough crap, we don't need more. Or we don't need another computer, honey. But every once in a while I give in and generally tend to regret it. Oh well Live and learn.

Wendi said...

I forgot to say something. I am the same way that you are. We got Melynn an Aquadoodle for Christmas, but I just don't know if I'm going to be able to last that long. I just love how her face lights up over getting something new. That's the best part. And also the Aquadoodle are cheaper at walmart, but we already got ours from toys r us.

TD Quong said...

I love it when you find the best presents/surprises ever for someone, but it's SO hard to keep it in and not share! You will have to be strong Chrissy! lol

Jaime said...

Yeah, but nobody's worse about the gift thing than Andy! Poor Megan. I have done pretty good so far this year. I just keep them in the trunk and try to forget about them.