Saturday, October 4, 2008
Pulling up the garden
Yesterday we decided to say goodbye to the garden for this year. The temperatures are dropping and we wanted to save as much fruit as we could before it got too cold. It was kind of sad and fun to go out and pull everything up and pick the fruits and vegis. We got several green peppers, anaheims, and fooled you peppers. We got some squash and a few onions. But we picked over 200 green tomatoes. We were told that if you pick all of your green tomatoes and put them in paper bags in a single layer and fold the top down, they will ripen. So we picked all that we could find. I would still like to bottle tomatoes if they all get ripe around the same time. It was a blast having a garden and I can't wait to do it again next year.
We don't use this shower and so Wendy Sudar gave us the great idea of storing the tomatoes in there and checking on them every few days.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was in your bathroom the other night thinking, "what in the world could be in those bags in the shower?"
If you ever need someone to eat some salsa, Tyler and I will help you out. :)
Post a Comment