Friday, October 31, 2008

Carving Pumpkins and Other Halloween Adventures

This week has been a lot of fun with all of the Halloween events going on. We carved pumpkins using power tools. It was a lot messier than using a knife, but it was a lot more fun. We had a Halloween party with some friends and got to wrap Jon up as a mummy. Calvin got to be in his preschool Halloween parade. I won the costume contest at Jon's work party today. We went trick or treating in our neighborhood and got to see a lot of cool decorations. Some of our neighbors go all out, making their yards extra spooky. We got a ton of candy. The kids had a blast and so did we, we love Halloween.


We all had fun using Jon's tools to carve the pumpkins. Even Calvin and Lily had their own little drills.
Here is Calvin at his preschool parade. He loves school.

Jon and Calvin were both Zorro. I was Daphne (from Scooby Doo) and Lily was Scooby Doo.
We switched Lily's costume for Halloween night to this cute lion because it was warmer, even though the weather was so perfect that she really didn't need a warmer costume. Thanks neighbor Jen for letting us borrow these awesome costumes!

n

5 comments:

Wendi said...

That is so awesome that you use power tools. I wish we had thought of that. And such cute costumes. I think I will grow to like Halloween more as my kids get bigger and enjoy it more. This Halloween was alot more fun than last year, because Melynn is actually big enough to get the candy.

Tina said...

Looks like you had a great time! Halloween is such a festive holiday!

TD Quong said...

I'm surprised Calvy wanted to be Zorro and not Prince Edward (Egward, hehe). He looks handsome. I'm glad you made Jon dress up too. Congrats on winning! And Lil can be whatever--she looks cute no mater what.

Bambie said...

So cute!

M.E. said...

It lookslike you guys had a lot of fun!! The costumes were darling!