Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My little Avsy Babsy



I did a little photo shoot of her in the backyard last night. I love this little face.



Ava is now 4 months old. I can't believe how much she has grown. She is smiling and laughing all the time now. And she puts everything into her mouth. I just love her to pieces. She is still not a wonderful sleeper but she gives me good 8 hour night here and there. She still prefers to sleep in the swing, however she is doing better in the crib. She has the happiest little personality. She will laugh and laugh at the kids. She is very ticklish and she will smile at anyone just because they smiled at her. She can also roll both ways, tummy to back and back to tummy. It is fun to watch her do that.

She still has pretty bad reflux. She has been on baby Zantac for 2 months and she still spits up everything. For an hour after we feed her it would just come up and out. At her 4 month appointment yesterday the doctor suggested the formula that has rice cereal in it. He says it works really well for reflux. We used it today and she didn't spit up once. It was a miracle. I think her tummy was a little upset from the heavier formula though. I breastfeed her half the time and she gets formula half the time. She spits up breast milk the worst that is why she gets formula. It is heavier and sits in her tummy better.

She had a big growth spurt when we started her on formula. She now weighs in at 14 lbs 2 oz (50%) and she is 25 inches tall (75%). She is very tall. She must have gotten the gene somewhere, both of our families have some very tall people.

She is a blast and we are so blessed to have her in our family!!

No comments: