Last summer we let Calvin do a trial karate class at Bobby Lawrence karate. He loved it. So we told him that when he was out of preschool he could do karate. Our reasoning is, once we don't have to pay for preschool we can let them choose something fun that they would like to try. We went to 5 different schools, including a capoeira class, to try and pick the right one for Calvin. We decided on Omega martial arts. It is a mix of several forms of martial arts and I loved the class structure, the teacher, the schedule and the price. There was actually a big range of all those factors and this fit everything we wanted. We have heard there are so many benefits from karate: self discipline, respect, listening skills, confidence. Calvin doesn't struggle with any of that right now, but I love that they teach that stuff. He has been to a few classes now and he loves it. He goes every Monday and Wednesday from 4:30-5:15. I am not quite sure how I feel about tournaments, but we will see when we get to that point. Right now he is a kid kicker Dragon and they just have one optional tournament a year. We are excited for Calvin to be doing something fun and we think karate is a good thing for him to learn.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Kid Kicker Dragons
Last summer we let Calvin do a trial karate class at Bobby Lawrence karate. He loved it. So we told him that when he was out of preschool he could do karate. Our reasoning is, once we don't have to pay for preschool we can let them choose something fun that they would like to try. We went to 5 different schools, including a capoeira class, to try and pick the right one for Calvin. We decided on Omega martial arts. It is a mix of several forms of martial arts and I loved the class structure, the teacher, the schedule and the price. There was actually a big range of all those factors and this fit everything we wanted. We have heard there are so many benefits from karate: self discipline, respect, listening skills, confidence. Calvin doesn't struggle with any of that right now, but I love that they teach that stuff. He has been to a few classes now and he loves it. He goes every Monday and Wednesday from 4:30-5:15. I am not quite sure how I feel about tournaments, but we will see when we get to that point. Right now he is a kid kicker Dragon and they just have one optional tournament a year. We are excited for Calvin to be doing something fun and we think karate is a good thing for him to learn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment