Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Discovery Toys

This post shows how way far behind I am on the blog. This happened clear back in May!! But with all the carpooling, taking care of kids, house, meals, baby, and trying to get any sleep I find it really hard to find time to catch up on the blog. I am making a goal to get all caught up this week and then finish the blog book. I may just wait until December at this point and do a 2 year blog book, unless I get it finished in the next week.

Discovery Toys: I met a really nice lady named Michelle McCombs at a boutique in Pleasant Grove. She had the Discovery Toys booth. I had never even heard of discovery toys but stopped and looked at them for a moment. I immediately fell in love with these toys. They are all educational, well built and lifetime guaranteed. She talked to me about signing up to sell them or having a party to earn free toys because they are pricey. But I was due to be induced with Ava in 2 days. I told her to call me in a few weeks. And she did. I ended up signing up to be a toy consultant with my only intention being the toys you get and the discount. She said the was perfectly fine and just said I had to host one party. The party was fun but I have to say I was completely insane trying to host a toy party with a 3 week old and do a primary activity in the same week.

The party turned out well and because I was the host and the consultant I got a ton of free stuff. It turned out that I made enough money from the party to pay for the original kit I purchased. By the end of it I ended up paying absolutely nothing for 20 new toys worth $600!!! It was worth a little stress. We got so many great quality fun toys. The kids love them and they are called the special toys. They have to ask to play with them and put them back with all of their original parts when they are done with them. We got marble works, motor works, books, cds, board games, building toys, dolls, baby toys and more, and they are so much fun!!

1 comment:

Jenna and Daniel said...

That is way cool! They are neat toys. You got a lot of them for nothing, that is awesome! How much did you have to sell at your party to get that much?