Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Kindergarten


Wow, my little guy has started kindergarten!! You always know this day will come, but you don't realize how fast it will be here. I wasn't worried one bit about it, Calvin was so excited and ready to go, I just figured it was like glorified preschool, 5 half days a week instead of 3. But when I took him to school the first day, I got all choked up. It was hard dropping him off at that great big school. He is going to Manila by the way. He was ready to go and I just cried as I walked back to the van. I drove him the first day of course, but we are lucky that he has class with a couple of kids in our ward, so we carpool. I only have to drive 3 mornings a week instead of driving and picking up 10 times a week. It is great.

He has loved every second of kindergarten so far. His teacher is Miss Myntti and he asked her is she smells like mints. At his assessment before school started he got to sit down and talk to Miss Myntti and tell her all the stuff he knows. He did such a great job. I asked her what I could work with him on and she said, "Nothing right now, he knew it all." We have been reading with him every night and he is getting really good at reading small books. He says he loves math time. He also loves recess, P.E. and the library. It is so fun to hear him talk about his day at school. He is such a good kid.

His teacher sent me an email that said this:
Calvin is doing fantastic in class! He is an amazing listener, a great friend, and a hard worker.
Miss Myntti

I am very excited about elementary school. I loved elementary and I am excited to get in and get involved. I signed up for the PTA, just a volunteer, nothing big. But it is going to be fun to help in his classroom and go to school activities. This will be a fun new adventure.


And just a side note. We have been working with him all summer on riding his bike with no training wheels and he is kind of getting it. He is not quite there yet, but he can go a few turns without any help from us. I think a little more courage and he'll be off and going in no time.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: