Saturday, May 24, 2008
No longer a milk machine
I decided to stop nursing Lily last Saturday. After about 3 days I was in so much pain I let her eat for just two minutes, and now one week later I am milk free. Yeah, no more milk stains or time constraints. No really, I love nursing and I just felt like this was a natural process with Lily. She is now 11 months old and eating three meals a day and I was only nursing her 2 to 3 times a day anyways. It was such a fight with Calvin. He never really liked to nurse and so I went until about 8 months but I never had enough milk because he just didn't like to cuddle, he liked drinking a bottle and looking around. I have had two totally different experiences and nursing is a wonderful thing but it sure does feel good to be free again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Each experience is different. For each child you have you will have a different one. Justin was like Calvin . . . Halley liked to bite . . . Chancy was the only one I made it to a year with and then he sucked on his nee nee (blanket) until I thought I'd have to send it to kindergarten with him and with McKay I got mastitis and had to quit because of all the drugs I was on. You probably didn't need to know all this info . . . but you brought up the subject!!!! :) :)
Hahahaha!! Mom, I don't think I needed all that info! I was a biter was I?? HAHA.
That is a good feeling after you have been tied down forever. At this point, I miss it, is that weird? Now you will have more freedom to work!! =-)
Post a Comment