I am stuck at work on a Saturday and Orem wants to cut the flow rate again, so I am getting really long filter run times. That means I don't have as much to do as I require, so I have resorted to hunting squirrels. Before you accuse me of being an inhumane, sadistic animal killer, please note that squirrels like to burrow next to concrete walls and this weakens the ground holding the wall up. This is bad when there are several hundred thousand gallons of water behind said wall.
To make matters worse, the squirrels have been taunting me all morning. I took a shot at one from the balcony, but I must have missed because he flipped me off and ran over the hill. I shot at another sitting on the curb outside the filter building, but missed again. He ran under the Ford. I later saw him sitting on top of the Ford's tire. I didn't really want to shoot the Ford. If it had been the Dodge, I would have opened fire to put it out of its misery (the Dodge, not the squirrel.) However, when approached the truck, the squirrel jumped off the tire, ran under the truck and up into the engine compartment. He wouldn't come out and face me like a man, so I fired up the engine hoping he would get caught in the engine fan. I will let you know when I finally get the chance to shovel his corpse into the dumpster.
P.S. I am fairly certain this squirrel is French.
5 comments:
When we first moved in to our house here in MD, we thought we were so LUCKY to have squirrels come and sit on our deck and eat their acorns. We would get all excited and say look!! isn't he cute!!! Now I know that a squirrel is just a RAT with a furry tail. They get in our garbage and pull stuff out of it. They eath my flowers, dig up my tulip and daffodil bulbs, and are just a plain nuisance. I even have gotten out the BB gun to fire upon them when they are eating one of the flowers on the plants that I put on my deck. I have a tree on the deck that I just know those dang (I'll use the word dang) things must pounce on and pull over. My neighbor used to hunt them, but he's given up and now feeds them so they won't eat everything else.
Hey Jon, I am glad you are blogging but I had to edit your title. This is a family site :)
Hey,
I got a great laugh over his title!!! Those are my sentiments exactly. . .
:) :)
Just so you know, you CAN catch a small animal in the engine when you start it. You may not achieve the results you were looking for. Check Chuck's blog for details.
Good luck with your hunting. I asked Chrissy if you had included this on your "goals and objectives" for the year.
Jon, you are so strange. Peter laughed hysterically at your post.
I reminds me of someone that I know and love (my dorky husband).
Post a Comment