Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Me? Are you sure?
I don't know why I keep getting switched from one calling to the next but the bishopric came over last Thursday and I was pretty darn sure they were here for Jon. But no, it was for me again. This is my fourth calling in 9 months! I was really content with being the Laurel adviser. Actually, that is my preferred calling and I absolutely love it. I was just getting to know the names of about half of the 60 young women. And I am in charge of the food for YW's camp and I am so excited to go. So when the bishopric said the calling was for me I was a little shocked and sad and excited. You will never guess what they called me to. I was pretty floored and I think I sat there with my jaw on the floor for 2 full minutes before I started laughing. I am not suppose to say what it is until Sunday. So, any guesses? You can't write what it is in the comments if you know (because I told you). They asked me to be the Primary President! Ahhh, we have 180 kids in our ward! And isn't there some sort of prerequisite for a calling like this? I have only taught sunbeams which I hardly think qualifies me to organize the primary. I am really scared and excited and overwhelmed and the first assignment I had to do was pick counselors. Which was so hard because there are so many wonderful women in our ward and I only know half of their names. The last time I had to choose counselors was when I was 16 and in Laurels and it wasn't that big of a deal because we were all friends. I still can't believe they asked me. Anyways, after much thought, I think I can do this?! It is going to be busy and hard but it will be alright and most of all it will be a wonderful learning experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Girl, you are killing me! I want to know what it is!!! I can't believe that you have been switched again. This is crazy! Post soon so I can know!
That's kind of funny that you get called to Primary President and Jenna get's released. But at least you know that if you have any questions you can always ask her. Which I'm sure that you already have. Any way congratulations. Oh and on my news. I'm not sure that I'm really that excited about it so I'll call you when I am feeling better and I am up to talking about it.
VERY EXCITING Chrissy, I know the first time I was called to be hte primary president, I had to pick my jaw up off the floor also. You will be TOTALLY awesome in the calling!!!
You will be awesome. Good luck!
Post a Comment