On March 12th my mom turned 50 years old. I know, I know everyone has told me that my mom is so young! My sister, dad, and I planned a big surprise for her on March 14th. BreAnna and I decorated the church gym, made taco soup, sent out invites, and made up games. My dad told my mom that he needed to grab something from his office at the church (he is the bishop) and he brought her into to the gym for her to hear 50 of her friends and family yell "Happy Birthday." She was shocked! She couldn't believe that everyone had kept it a secret, especially my brothers and dad. We really threw her off by telling her we were throwing her a party on Sunday the 15th. It was a blast to have a party for her. She deserved it, she is always doing everything for everyone else. We wanted her to have a night where she could just sit back and visit and not do any of the work. I think that she had a great time.
Here are some of the highlights:

Group picture- We had everyone sign a matte to go around this picture. We also have everyone write down some favorite memories of my mom so that we could put them in a scrapbook with the rest of the pictures.


Friends enjoying the food.


The Party planners!

Carla made my mom's favorite strawberry shortcake.

We had a picture display of my mom.

We decorated the chalk board because we played pictionary and the words were things my mom loves. Examples: The Jazz, walking fast, Lake Powell, Sunflower seeds.
We also had people stand up and tell their favorite memories about my mom. It was really fun to hear what everyone had to say.

We decorated everything in black and silver.

My mom and dad.
We love you mom! And wish you another wonderful 50 years!
2 comments:
I remember your mom yelling at us when we tried to highlight our own hear that our hair was going to fall out. funny.
I'm glad you posted those pics. I'm sorry I had to miss it. I know she had fun because that's all she could talk about the next day!
Post a Comment