Sunday, March 8, 2009

Calvin's 1st primary talk

Calvin had his first primary talk today. During the week we talked about each family members responsibility in the home. We colored pictures of a dad, mom, brother, sister, grandma, and grandpa and we glued them to Popsicle sticks. We made a pretend podium and practiced. This morning Calvin came up to the microphone (only after we kind of pulled him up there), he covered his eyes with both hands and shook because he was so scared. Jon said the talk for him and he went and sat down still covering his little face for at least ten minutes after the talk was over. Poor little guy, he was so nervous. I told him he did a great job and that it will get a little easier each time he gets up there. But I have to admit I know how he feels, some days I wish I could sit and cover my face and Jon would give my talk for me.

4 comments:

King Family said...

Oh, so sad. I think it is great that the church has children getting up when they are so young so that they can get over their fears. I hope he gets another opportunity and isn't so embarrassed next time.

Jenna and Daniel said...

That is so hard! I hate giving talks too. I wish Jon would give my talks! I am sure he will get better. It probably won't get easier, but he will be able to. We had a lot of kids in primary that had a really hard time. It makes me wonder what I used to do. Was I always afraid, or is that something I just learned in my young adult years?

Jaime said...

It's definitely a hard thing- getting up in front of people. I'm sure he'll get another chance and he will surprise you. He's such a cute kid.

TD Quong said...

Poor little Calvy! He's so funny when he gets shy. I like that you made a pretend podium to get him prepared. He's still so young though! I didn't remember that little tiny tiny kids gave primary talks!
PS-Next time let me know and I'll give your talk for you. I love giving talks. ;)