Calvin took a few trial karate classes last week. We are trying to decide if we want to stick with it or wait until he is a little older. He was pretty shy, he didn't want to go around the other kids. That is actually one of the reasons we wanted to put him in karate, he has been very shy and clingy lately. He cries every time Jon or I leave. Yesterday he cried for 20 minutes because he didn't get to say goodbye to Jon. And whenever someone new comes around he shakes and covers his eyes. We thought if we put him in some sort of classes, like karate, he would loosen up a bit. He says he really liked karate, he just gets scared. So maybe we will stick with it, I just don't want to pay for something if he is just going to sit in the corner. Here is a picture of him in his cute uniform.

3 comments:
who knows maybe it will help him come out of his shell.
lol Your Mom and I did the same thing with Tisha and Derek. If I remember correctly Derek had the same reaction as Calvin and look at him now, so I wouldn't worry too much about the shy thing!
Poor little Calvy. If you think it would help, bring him and Dil over to our house. Maybe that will help him get out of his shell because he knows us but it's not just his parents.
Any decisions on more karate classes? Tyler took karate when he was little--about Calvin's age. I think it's cute.
Post a Comment