Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Salsa, salsa, salsa

We have had a lot of ripe tomatoes coming from our garden since about the second week of July. And of course, being the salsa lover that I am, we have also had peppers and onions. I have made salsa just about every other day for a month and a half. We half given away a lot of tomatoes and we always have plenty for my salsa pleasure. If they keep coming this way I will have plenty of tomatoes to can for my winter salsa cravings. Our garden has also produced cucumbers the size of baseball bats and sweet corn on the cob. We have sweet potatoes coming and they should be done in about a month. I love reaping the benefits of having a garden.


Jon's Boss gave us a bunch of plums from his plum tree and so I made plum freezer jam.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Wow, you've been busy!