On August 6th Jon and I celebrated our 7 year wedding anniversary. We took the kids to my parents for Friday night and we spent some quality time together. We went to our favorite restaurant Carrabba's , we got the Sirloin Marsala and the Italian chicken pizza with pine nuts. It was delicious. Then we headed to the Scerra to see the play "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor dreamcoat." It was a Vegas setting play and it wasn't our favorite. It was okay entertainment but not the best we have been too. We then rented the movie, New in Town, it was okay as well but it did have some funny lines. The next morning we went to a yummy little bakery in town called Flour Girls and Dough Boys. We got cranberry turkey and ham breakfast sandwiches and a big fat sticky bun to share. That place is soooo good. That night we took the kids to Jon's 10 year high school reunion. It was a family picnic at the park. Jon had fun visiting with some friends he hadn't seen in a while. It was a great couple of days.Seven years can really fly by. I can still remembering our wedding day like it was yesterday. To me it was the most perfect day. I remember kneeling across the altar from Jon and the spirit that was there. We smiled so much that day that both of our jaws hurt. There have been a lot of ups and downs and sideways, I can say I think we have seen every which way. But no matter which way life sends us we always get through it. We love each other and we love our kids and the life we have built together. In 7 years we have gone from two people just starting out, not really knowing what we were going to do or be, To 4 people who love and support each other. We still don't know where life will take us because we have realized we are not always in control. But we do know that we will do it together. I love you Jon.
7 years at a glance:
-1 apartment
-2 houses
-2 bachelors degrees
-1 real estate license
-1 retired mechanic
-1 water treatment operator
-2 kids
-31 cars
-0 pets (hopefully to stay that way)
-1000's of memories


2 comments:
Also I can't believe it has been seven years. Way to go. I know there is no way I would still fit in my wedding dress.
That is so great. I remember that all too funny comment that we got on your wedding video, about fighting in the nude. Ha ha ha. How embarrasing to a bunch of 18 year old girls. So funny. Congrats on the hard work. Is 31 cars really true? And go Chrissy, I couldn't fit into my wedding dress a year after we were married.
Post a Comment