Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Overcoming fears

This year has been a year for me to overcome some of my fears. And even though they might seem like small feats to some, these were very big accomplishments for me.

First, I have pretty much been able to get comfortable with the fact that Jon has to work graveyards. I have always been afraid of the dark and when Jon told me he would be working graves I freaked out. But I have come a long way, I can fall to sleep at night without freaking out and I rarely have to call people to soothe me anymore.

Second, we went to Disneyland for my first time ever and I told myself that I would go on every ride that I could. I am pretty afraid of fast rides like roller coasters but I went on every ride that we could make it to. I have to say I love all of them except for one. Space mountain made me very sick with how dark it was, I got off the ride and wanted to puke. It was so fun to overcome this fear with Calvin right next to me, he was so cute and excited for every ride that it made me excited.

Third, water! We went to Palisades and I actually jumped off of the dock for the first time in 10 years! Going under water scares me and I don't really know how to swim but I did it! Yay. And I have not been on a water slide since I was a baby. My dad took me on one when I was a year old or something and he thinks that is why I am scared of water. When we went to the Lindon pool I decided that I was going to do it. And I did!

I know you are all probably thinking, that I am a wuss. But I am proud of myself, so hooray!

1 comment:

Tina said...

WOW, I'm impressed Chrissy, and thanks for sharing it with us. WAY TO GO GIRL!!!