Wednesday, February 11, 2009

New Money Pit


So, this is my new project. I picked it up from a guy in Salt Lake for $400 and actually drove it home. Then I promptly sold the axles. I figured it would be pretty cool since all the kids would fit in it and Chrissy can drive it around topless in the summer because I haven't got the air conditioner working yet.
The plan is to have the axles from the blue beast installed under it and have it driving by Easter Jeep Safari. The front axle is already in, but I had to hold off on the rear when the fuel tank sprung a leak. So, a new fuel tank, pump, level sensor, tank straps and $350 later, it's no longer leaking. On the bright side, I got rid of the 31 gallon tank and put in a 25 gallon tank, which netted two more inches of ground clearance.

It should be lots of fun when it's finished (if such a travesty could occur.) It will sit on 37"s with a four inch lift. I'm just going to cut the fenders until the tires clear. I have some 63" leaves and a shackle flip for the rear and some 56" springs for the front. That should give me gobs of wheel travel, which will hopefully be controlled with reservoir shocks and air bumps. It's got crossover high steer and welded differentials front and rear. I also have all the parts to build a transfer case doubler. If all goes well, we will be ready for King of the Hammers 2013.

4 comments:

Sudar Clan said...

I think he means with the top of the blazer, not me driving around topless.

Tina said...

You beat me to the punch Chrissy . . . I couldn't help but smile thinking about you topless in that vehicle. Didn't matter that I don't understand a single other thing he said!!!

:)

King Family said...

I think it is so cool that you can just tear apart and rebuild cars. Very cool.

TD Quong said...

Tyler say that's a cool jeep. I don't understand your car mumbo jumbo but I think Tyler got it all when I read this post to him. Don't get too many cars or you'll have to move farther south. Like Payson. Or, dare I say it?, like Santaquin.