Thursday, January 1, 2009

A new year

Happy New Year (kind of). Notice there is no exclamation point. Last night we got some very sad news. Andy and Megan were celebrating Megan's birthday and New year's eve (same day) at Megan's parents house. Megan's brother and his wife have twin girls who are 4 months old. They put the twins to bed and a 1/2 hour later went to check on them to find that one of them was not breathing. Of course they called 911 and did all that they could to save the little baby girl but she did not make it. Andy had just been to a funeral earlier that day ( one of his friends had committed suicide) and I think this was just a little too much. Andy and Megan are going through some hard times right now and my heart aches for them. Please keep them and Megan's family in your prayers.

So yes, it is a new year, but I am just not in a celebrating mood. This incident made me realize how fragile life is. One moment someone is next to you and the next moment they can be gone. How grateful I am for the gospel, that I know we can see our loved ones after they have passed away. For 2009 my goal is to cherish every moment that I get to spend with those that I love.

No comments: