Thursday, January 15, 2009

"But Nephi took care of that"

Calvin loves Book of Mormon stories. We have been reading him the book of Mormon stories with the pictures every night for about 6 months. We have been through all of the stories several times and he absolutely loves them and knows them by heart. One of his favorites is the story of Nephi and his brothers returning to Jerusalem to get the brass plates. Calvin was over at the neighbor's house today playing with his friend Ethan, Ethan's mom called and said "Calvin is so funny he is over here telling us book of Mormon stories and now all of the kids are playing Nephi and Lehi in the wilderness." It cracks me up how much he loves Nephi, he sings "I will go, I will do the things the Lord commands" all the time. So tonight I asked him which story he would like to read and of course he chose Nephi and the brass plates. I read him the story and when I was done he said, "Laban had a lot of heavy armor and a cape and he was a bad man, but Nephi took care of that!"
I was laughing out loud as I said, "that is right Calvin, now time for bed."

3 comments:

King Family said...

How cute! I love how cute and smart Calvin is. He is such a fun boy.

TD Quong said...

I almost just died laughing. lol, he is the funniest kid ever. He's going to be the best Sunday School student ever!

Wendi said...

too funny. keep them coming.