Lesson #1 Compassion
We read a story about President Heber J. Grant giving his coat to a young boy. Read a few scriptures about compassion. And then we went around and collected coats and blankets from around the house that we could give to the homeless shelter. Calvin got so into it that he started putting all of his blankets in the bag. He said, "I bet some of those kids don't have toys either" and he started throwing toys in the sack. He even gave away one of his favorite blankets. He is such a sweet boy. I took the bag to the shelter the next day and I was really touched by how grateful these people were.
Last night we learned about the Priesthood. Jon held an umbrella up and had us all gather under it and told us how the Dad holds the priesthood so that he can protect the family just like the umbrella protects the whole family when the dad holds it over everyone. We read a story about Abraham and talked about different priesthood blessings. Calvin said that one day he will hold the umbrella because he will have the priesthood.
3 comments:
Absolutely you can come Chrissy! The more the merrier!
Where can other people get that book? Is it at the Distribution Center, or Deseret Book? It sounds like a really great one!
The FHE lessons sound awesome. I'll have to see if I can find that book too.
Post a Comment