Saturday, November 22, 2008
I went to the movie
For the last year or longer, I have heard from everyone and their dog that I have to read Twilight. I am not much of a reader these days because if I have extra time I want to play with my kids or take a nap. I have not read the books yet, so when I heard that the movie was coming out I was pretty excited. I knew that I would not be disappointed in the movie like all of you who have read the book. Books are always so much better that the movies, for example: Da Vinci Code, A Walk to Remember, and The Notebook. If you haven't read those books, I highly recommend them. But anyhow, I went to the movie Twilight today with some of my family. And needless to say, I was not one bit disappointed and now I am intrigued and I want to read the books. So the question is, Do I wait to read the books until I have seen the rest of the movies, or just go ahead and read the books and risk the chance of being disappointed with the rest of the movies?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ehh. I know exactly what you mean about movies not being as good after reading the books. Yet I like to read the books first. It will be a long time until the rest of the movies come out and I don't think I could wait that long. Besides, if you read them now, you wont remember the books exactly and wont be too disappointed. Just don't read them right before. I really enjoyed the books and am excited to see the movie. (Im just trying to not expect much since I read the books first.)
OHHH read them!!! Maybe thats the way to go... see the movie first... then you will be SOOO thrilled with the book! The first one was my FAV!! The next , I thought, were.. ehhh. But you should read them!
My advise is read the books. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I've read the books. And in my own opinion I always go in with an open mind and not think about the fact that I haven't read the book first. Also if you read the books now you won't remember a whole lot of the book when the movie comes out.
the movie was a HUGE disappointment in my mind (and i didn't go with high expectations in the first place)! of course you do have to consider time and content, but definately read the books!
Hey, if you don't have the time and your spending you time with your kids it sounds like you have your priorities straight . . . . but they are all dang good books (didn't really like the 4th though!)
Chrissy, I have the books if you want to borrow them. I loved the books and I liked the movie (not loved it, just liked it). Lots of people told me how disappointed they were in the movie after reading the books, so maybe that prepared me to not have super high expectations, but I still thought it was good. Even Tyler liked it. Anyway, if you have some time, (because believe me, you will get sucked in and just want to read!!) let me know and I'll bring them over.
Post a Comment