Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

With Thanksgiving being tomorrow, I have been thinking a lot about what I am grateful for. Sometimes it is easy to look past all of our blessings because there is so much going on each day. Today I took it easy, played with my kids, and tried to only think about what blessings I have. I am so grateful for my family and friends. Each and every day someone I love makes me smile, no matter what is happening. Whether it is one of my kids doing something funny or one of my friends telling me a funny story I am grateful for the smiles and laughter I share with these people. I really love our home and our neighborhood and I feel like this is where we are suppose to be. I am so thankful to those people who have sacrificed so much so that my life can be what it is; pilgrims, pioneers, soldiers, prophets, parents, and the list can go on and on. I feel so blessed to have the gospel in my life, the reassurance and peace it brings is priceless. I love the holidays and the happiness that comes from celebrating this wonderful season with the ones we love.

2 comments:

King Family said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Wendi said...

I'm glad that you are able to share your thoughts. I have a hard time doing that around people other than Peter. Happy late Thanksgiving. I hope it was a good one.