Jon and I had been planning to go skiing up at Deer Valley for months. We finally got a babysitter and had everything worked out to go. We got out on the slopes and tried out the bunny hill for a while. Jon decided to go with Derek, Jenessa and Joe up on a bigger hill while I practiced a few more times. Jon ended up getting lost for 45 minutes and taking three lifts back to where I was at. I went on the bunny slope a few more times. I got stuck on the lift once and they had to stop it for me so that I could jump off. When me and Jon finally got back togethor we decided to go on a bigger hill. We got up to the top, took one picture (that didn't turn out) and headed down the hill. We got going and I thought I was doing just fine when we came to a pretty steep hill. I started to snow plow to slow down and somehow my skis got crossed and I did a few flips down the hill instead. Well, I ended up having some very nice people help me ski patrol to give me a ride down the hill in something that looked like a casket without a lid. The most embarassing part was having my brothers looking down at me in this contraption saying "what happened?". Needless to say we spent the rest of the afternoon in the Park City Urgent Care office. I tore a ligament in my right knee and maybe fractured the bone (they couldn't tell from the x-ray). They sent me home in this obnoxiously huge knee brace and told me not to walk on it for a few days until I could get into an orthopedic doctor. So much for having a fun day without the kids.
To make matters worse. I had been working on my Relief Society lesson for three weeks and I was suppose to give it on Sunday. I decided I was still going to give it even if I was in pain for the whole hour. Sunday morning I typed up my lesson for 2 hours, hobbled around on one foot getting ready and curling my hair. Just to hear the doorbell ring at 12:30 (church is at 1:00) and to get the news that church was cancelled because everyone was snowed in. I was so disappointed. All of that hard work and I didn't even get to share all of the things I learned. Atleast I got to study Jesus Christ right, but I am still going to ask if I can give this lesson for my next months lesson. I hope everyone else had a better weekend then I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment