Friday, February 8, 2008

Calvin Can Read

I was reading The Three Little Pigs to Calvin last night and we got done and he said okay mom I will read it to you. I was expecting a summarized version of the story as we looked at each picture as usual (he always likes to read the books to me). But to my surprise he closed the book, pointed to the T and said t-h-r-e-e "Three", l-tt-l "little" p-g-s "pigs". I was shocked. We have been working with him on recognizing the letters and there sounds but not putting them into words. So for him to just put it together like that made me so proud. I was so excited. He is so smart. He amazes me everyday.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

What a little smartie-pants! Isn't it so much fun to watch them learn new things? Before we know it, they'll be going away to college!