Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Getting close

Here I am at 34 weeks pregnant.

At my 31 week appointment they checked to see if I was dilating because I have been having a lot of contractions. I was not, thank goodness. But I was 40% effaced. I measured 28 centimeters. With all three kids I usually measure 2-3 centimeters smaller than the week I am at.

The last couple of months have been really hard. I have been getting contractions or braxton hicks just about everyday since 27 weeks. Sometimes they hurt, sometimes they don't. But I am sick of them. I don't sleep because I have to go to the bathroom every hour. The baby is very active. I mean, very, very active. I do love feeling the baby move, except for the kicks in the bladder and in the ribs.

I have been a lot more uncomfortable with this pregnancy and it has seemed to take forever. I think it may be because I never really got to heal from the surgery before I started growing. But all is well and I am thankful for that.

We are having a hard time deciding on a name. The ones we are considering are Anabelle, Ayva, Addison, Ansley. But we are still looking at all options. I was in love with the name Anabelle at the beginning and now I don't know. The kids still love it.

In preparation for baby to come we bought a new stroller. A sit and stand, it is made for two kids but can actually fit 3 if needed. I have wanted one for a long time. We got a new car seat that fits in the stroller. The baby clothes are washed and in the dresser and I think we are about ready. Except for labor and delivery, can you ever be ready for that? I am because I am uncomfortable, I am not ready because it is scary. I am going to try to do it natural again. The epidural with Calvin was so scary, I couldn't breathe and it made me swell up everywhere. Natural birth with Lily was amazing but extremely painful. I have a birthing coach or Doula to be in the room with Jon and myself. Hopefully she will be a really big help like my nurse was with Lily.

I am thinking I have about a month left. My due date is in just over 6 weeks but I had both Calvin and Lily 3 weeks early, so that is 3-4 weeks away. It would be ironic if I had the baby on April 17th (which is 3 wks before my due date) because I have super Saturday at the church, and I really want to go. And it is Megan's baby shower. I missed all of Megan and Andy's wedding, endowment, and reception because I was in the hospital having Calvin. Hopefully I don't miss her baby shower too.

I am scared, excited, anxious, tired, all the emotions you can think of. Pregnancy is wonderful and it is a miracle. I am so excited to meet this little baby girl.


4 comments:

The Beals said...

Hey! How are you? You look great!!! Sounds like things are going good for you too! Can you believe we ALMOST have 3 kids!?! Oh heaven help us! I can't believe how BIG your other kids are! WOW, time flies. Hope you are doing well!!! The count down is on!!!

Jenna and Daniel said...

You are so strong! Try taking it easy, it seems you don't get much sleep anymore. Pregnancy will do that do the best of us. Good luck with the natural birth again. You did it once, you can do it again. We all know you can.

Good luck!

Jaime said...

Oh you're so close... hang in there! Haha, that would be ironic if you had the baby on the 17th! I forgot that you missed all of Andy and Megan's wedding. I guess little baby Sudar will just come when she's ready!

JSN Thomas said...

How exciting!! Its coming SO soon!! Good luck! And I really like the name Anabelle!! It fits cute with your other kids names! But whatever you choose I am sure will fit HER!!