My younger brother Travis got home from his mission tonight. He served in Mexico and had a great experience, besides getting sick and losing a lot of weight.
We were driving to the airport to welcome him home and I told Calvin to take a little nap and he replied, " I will just rest with my eyes open, that sounds like a good idea." Then he started singing London bridges and his version says, " Take the key and knock her up!" Jon and I both looked at each other and burst out laughing. I am sure he meant lock but it was so funny. He also asked what Travis does for work. We told him we didn't know what he would do for a job yet and Calvin came up with a great solution, "He can work and build stuff with tools, like I do."
BreAnna brought a sombrero and some maracas and the kids had fun with those. Calvin made a card for Travis. Everyone went home after the airport because Travis was exhausted. It was so good to see him and we are glad that he is home safe. We will get to visit with him some more on New Years Eve.
Here are some pictures of the family waiting for his plane to come in.
3 comments:
It is so fun to have them finally home and safe. I love calvin's comments they're hilarious. Peter and I laughed so hard.
Travis looks great! (Well, with a debonair father, I guess I should have suspected it... I just remember him really little at your house at our sleepovers! I hope he is feeling better from whatever sickness he got! Welcome home Elder Nielson!
Thanks for sharing the pictures. The look on your dad's face when he is watching your mom and Travis say hello is very touching! What a great day that must have been for you all.
Post a Comment