Monday, December 1, 2008
Building a playhouse
We have a small space in the playroom that goes under the stairs. Jon had the wonderful idea of building a playhouse there. We decided that Saturday was the perfect day for this. We spent all day building this cute little playhouse for the kids. And the best part is that it only cost us $10 for a 2x4 and a couple of hinges. We used an old kids cabinet that we were storing in the garage to make the door, window, and wall. We worked together and got it done in one day, I even used the drill to screw the door on. This was such a fun project and the kids love it! It is their store, house, drive-up, restaurant, anything they can imagine.



Calvin helped out with his very own saw and of course he was wearing his Home Depot apron.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
What a great idea for that space. And good to know when we have our own house.
what fun that will be for the kids! and you're right... it could be anything they want it to be... perfect!
Very cute! I bet the kids love it!
Very nifty idea!
How fun! It's good that Jon is so handy.
How fun! I would have loved something like that as a kid.
You two are so creative and frugal! I wish I could learn all of your secrets so that our kids can have as much fun as yours...
Hahaha, I love that Calvy was helping out. But of course! That was smart. You guys have done a lot of good things to your house.
So much fun! It looks like they love it! Now hopefully ours is finished before Joe leaves!!!
Post a Comment