Monday, December 15, 2008

Funny Kids

The kids having been playing rather well together lately. They have a blast taking a bath together. They sit in there and laugh and splash until the water is cold. Besides the occasional, "Calvin, if you push Lily one more time, Santa is not coming this year." They have been very good.

Lily still isn't talking much. She does say: No, No. Yes, mom, dad, nana (everything is nana), and a few more words. But besides not talking, she communicates very well. She will do just about anything you ask her to do. Or tell you she doesn't want to do it in a very clear way. Her facial expressions are so cute and funny that she pretty much tells you what she is thinking just by looking at you. She loves giving Mom kisses, but she is very selective about when she will give Dad or Calvin kisses. She gets so excited whenever someone she knows walks into the room, she claps and screams, and laughs and bounces, it is so funny. She is a little joy to have around, I can't wait to see her open her Christmas presents.

Calvin is a character as always. He wants a castle for Christmas but he said to me this morning, "Mom, I already have a castle (Jon built him a lego castle), maybe Santa can take the castle to another kid who doesn't have one." He has such a big heart and he is always worried about other people. He loves to go see the "activity"(nativity) down the street, because he loves everything about the story of baby Jesus.

Calvin told me tonight that I had the cutest eyes, and the cutest smile, and the cutest hair, and then he said "Mom, you are just a cutie."

The other day, the song "Womanizer" by Brittany Spears, came on in the car. Calvin heard it, so of course he sings womaniza, womaniza. At breakfast Calvin says "Lily, your a womaniza." I respond "Calvin, girls aren't womanizer's" he responds "fine, Dad your a womaniza, womaniza." We were all laughing so hard.

I love having these cute little kids around to make me smile everyday.

3 comments:

Jenna and Daniel said...

I love Calvin's comments to you! One time in Primary I had to take a little kid named Kenny back to his mom, because he said he needed her. I asked him why he needed her and he said, because she is so beautiful, and I love her. I thought he was the cutest thing ever after that!

TD Quong said...

hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! If only I could have been there!!!

Wendi said...

this entry is great. I really like the part about Lily and Jon being a womanizer.