
Where has the time gone?

My Lily Bug turned 3 years old on June 22nd. Oh how I love this little girl. Her beautiful face just makes me smile every time I look at it. She is soooo adorable with her big blue eyes and long blonde hair. I love her sweet little voice and the funny things she says.
For Lily's Birthday we went to Build a Bear with Aunt Alicia. Lily built a pink teddy bear and dressed her in a birthday shirt and skirt and named her Fuzzy Wuzzy. Calvin got a Dog and dressed him in a knight costume and named him Fluffy Knight. They had a lot of fun doing that activity. Then we met Jon at the movie theater and we saw Toy Story 3. And then we went out for pizza and ice cream. It was a very fun day.
At Lily's 3 year doctor appointment she weighed 31 lbs (50%) and she was 38 inches tall (75%). I don't know if the 75% is right because she is pretty short compared to the twins and the other kids her age. She is as healthy as can be, she is not a very picky eater which is nice. She has a very sweet personality but she can get emotional. She can be very tough or cry quickly, she can also have her little tantrums, but for the most part she is very well mannered and pleasant.
Lily spends most of her time being a tomboy. She follows Calvin every where. They play pirates and Legos and make believe. She does have her dolls but she is not too obsessed with them. Lily loves Minnie Mouse even though I think the only time she has ever seen Minnie is on my phone. We don't have the Disney Channel but my phone does, so every once in a while she can watch the Mickey Mouse Club house on my phone. One of her favorite toys is a Minnie Mouse Pez dispenser. Go figure, the only $2 toy in the house and she loves it!!
Lily gets to start preschool next month and she is so excited. I know she is going to catch on fast and be a good little learner. As of right now she can say her ABC's and she only mixes up a few letters. S and X and a couple of others. She can count to 20 skipping a couple of the teens. But she refuses to sit down and learn with me, so she doesn't recognize very many letters or numbers. Which is fine with me, I would rather have her up and running around, playing and having fun. She knows some of her colors and shapes. Yellow is her favorite color, she says it lello, which we love to hear. She also calls her Grandmas, her mamma's. And if you ask her a question a lot of the time she will answer with "kind of" even if it doesn't make sense. That always cracks Jon up.
Funny Stories:
Lily and I went on a date to get our hair done one night. When we were driving home I said, "I love you Lily Bug" and she said "I love you too Mom". Ahhh, so cute. And then she says, "And Sam loves me too." And I said "He does" and Lily replies "He told me so at church on Sunday."
(Sam is a little boy in Lily's nursery class at church. He just adores Lily. He will ignore the other boys playing trucks and he will play kitchen or dolls with Lily. He even said how much he missed her when he went on vacation. And she was the only girl invited to his birthday party). This is a picture of Lily and Sam at our neighborhood BBQ.
Lily loves to dance and she is quite the little hip shaker. You can't help but giggle every time she shakes her hips. It cracks me up. The video below kind of demonstrates her hip shaking, she was being pretty mellow because she was dancing to Ava's swing lullabies. And I know this isn't the best picture but I love how they are dancing.
One night a couple of weeks ago we were driving home from going out to dinner. I asked Jon if he wanted a piece of gum. And Lily chimed in from the back saying she wanted one as well. I don't let my kids chew gum for obvious reasons. But I decided to let her have a piece. She had not had gum before this night, so we told her that you chew it but you don't swallow it and when you are done you spit it out. (By the way I am laughing as I type this next part). I yelled to the back, how do you like it Lily. And there was no response. And then a few minutes later we hear her kind of gagging and I say "Oh no, Jon, I think she is throwing up" I look back to see a ton of drool coming out of her mouth. And I ask her if she is alright. And she says " you said I couldn't swallow." She had been keeping all of her saliva in her mouth and that is why she hadn't said a word. Sooo funny, the way kids interpret what you say.
And now we are in trouble. Lily has learned our technique of the "if" and "then" statement.
Mom: "Lily you can have a treat if you eat your dinner."
Lily: "Mom I will eat my dinner if you get me a drink."

No comments:
Post a Comment