Calvin has been really intrigued with money lately. I am not quite sure how this has come about but it makes me laugh. He is always thinking of ways he can make money or do trades. His latest idea happened tonight while I was reading to him.
Mom: The Berenstein Bears and the Spooky Old Tree. Written and Illustrated by Stan and Jan Berenstein.
Calvin: Wow, Mom the writers of this book named the book after them. The berenstein bears are named after their last name.
Mom: Yes, that's right, good job recognizing that.
Calvin: That is what I will do.
Mom: What?
Calvin: I will make a book called Captain Calvin, written by Calvin. And I will make millions.
(side note: Captain Calvin is a character I made up when I tell the kids stories before bed. Captain Calvin and Princess Lily have been on some great adventures).
Mom: That is a fun idea, why don't you talk to dad about helping you with that.
Calvin: Okay, we'll do it tomorrow.
Conversation from earlier today. We were in the van driving home from Salt Lake. We were out looking for a new truck and talking about how much they cost. Calvin chimed in from the back saying:
Calvin: Dad how much is this? (He shows Jon a piece of paper that he had written a 1 with 7 zeros on).
Dad: That is ten million.
Calvin: Wow, that is a lot. How about if you give me some money for my piggy bank then I will give you 10 million dollars.
We both start laughing and ask where he is getting 10 million dollars.
Calvin: I will come up with something.
A few minutes later
Calvin: Dad, how many is this? (now the one has a lot of zeros behind it).
Dad: I don't know how many that is but I know that a 1 with 100 zeros is a google.
Calvin: Cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment