I can't believe my baby is already two months old. Time just zips by when you are sleep deprived :)
At Ava's two month appointment she weighed in at 10 lbs 2 oz (25%) 23 1/4 inches long (75%) she is long and skinny. And her eyes are now bright blue like the rest of the family.
In the last two months we have been through quite a bit with our little Ava. She was pretty fussy and always hungry. I just don't produce a lot of milk. So we would give her some formula each day. She would get a really upset tummy, so we switched to Soy formula which seems to be working better. I breastfeed 75% of the time and she gets formula the rest of the time. She seems pretty satisfied now.
I took her to the doctor when she was 6 months old and had a lactation specialist help train her to nurse. Which was wonderful, I don't know why I didn't do that sooner. We were also at the doctor because she had severe diaper rash for 2 weeks. It would not go away. We tried ten different things. I would cry everyday because I felt bad for her sore little bum. Needless to say, another doctors appointment, some prescription cream and 2 weeks later she was all better. Also at the 6 wk dr appt I told them I thought she had a cold because her voice was all raspy when she cried. The doctor listened to her and said she had reflux and the acid was burning her throat. Poor baby. So she is now on baby Zantac. Which has worked very well.
Calvin and Lily slept through the night when they were about 8 weeks old. And before that they would only get up once to eat most nights. They also slept in their crib and loved it. So I knew it was probably going to be my turn to have a baby who doesn't love to sleep. Ava does not have any sort of sleep schedule. She is completely unpredictable. She sleeps anywhere she ends up. Her swing, car seat, our bed, bassinet, crib. Some of these sleeping methods I am completely against but we end up doing whatever we can to get a few hours of sleep at a time. Especially when Jon is on graves and I don't have someone to help I find myself falling asleep while nursing her and letting her nurse for an hour on accident. She has given us a handful of good nights. And I can see it getting better. We are trying harder to have her sleep in her crib and I think she will get the hang of it soon. She has been my little cuddle bug since the moment she came out and she likes to be close to me all the time, which I love, I just want her and myself to get some better sleep.
Even though we are a little tired, she still melts our hearts. Calvin says he is always distracted by Ava because she is so cute. I can't kiss and hug her enough. She started smiling at about 6 weeks old. And she giggled at me this morning. My mom and Tisha said she giggled at them a couple of weeks ago. She is such a cutie pie and such a sweet little thing. I love talking and singing to her, blowing in her hair and whistling for her. Those are the things that make her smile the most.
The thing that has not failed in the last two months is that everyone who sees her comments on her hair. She constantly has crazy bed head and it is so funny.
Here is an enormous amount of pictures of our little Avsy !!

2 comments:
Oh sooooo cute! Glad things are settling down a bit for you and baby Ava!
I love her little smiles in these pictures! She is such a doll, which is why she's allowed to get away with her crazy sleep schedule!
Post a Comment