We had a great Easter week despite the fact that I had to miss out on Moab for the first time in probably 15 years. I am too far along to be traveling to Moab, I wouldn't have been able to hike or 4 wheel, so I decided it was easier to take care of the kids at home than in a hotel. Jon took the blazer and had a blast with my family. I will have to convince him to do a post about his trip.
The Sunday before Easter we had a party at Grandma Nancy's and Papa Coach's house. We had yummy food and a fun Easter egg hunt. The kids had a blast finding eggs. They even got a money egg with some change for their piggy banks.
Through out the week we spent a lot of time with Grandma Nancy and Papa Coach. Before Jon left to Moab he had a gas spill in the garage and it stunk up the whole house. I couldn't stand the smell and so we spent a lot of time away from home. We tried everything to get the smell out. Kitty litter, charcoal, baking soda, coke, etc etc. When Jon got home he scrubbed the garage floor several times with this cleaner I bought from the parts store and that seemed to help.
I took the kids to see the movie "How to Train your Dragon" with Jeri, Darcy, Parker, Nancy and Coach. We had such a good time. The movie was great. We will definitely be purchasing that one when it comes out.
The kids and I had conference breakfast at Nancy's on Saturday. And then Nancy completely pampered me by giving me a pedicure. It was so sweet of her and it felt really great.
Easter morning the kids got an Easter basket and outfit from the Easter bunny. They were very excited.
On Sunday we went to Grandma Wendy's for Easter lunch. We had yummy food, more Easter egg hunting and good company. It was a great Easter with it being conference weekend as well. I love listening to conference. To me the theme this time seemed to be a lot about families. Motherhood, priesthood, teaching our children to choose the right. It was really great to feel the spirit and be reminded of our wonderful responsibility to be and raise a righteous generation.
No comments:
Post a Comment