Friday, April 2, 2010

Drawing

Calvin has been obsessed with Drawing lately. He draws 20 pictures a day. Of pirates and castles and whatever he can think of. He has made numerous birthday cards and other fun things.

Ever since Calvin was really little Jon would draw for him in Sacrament meeting to keep him entertained and now Calvin loves to draw and I think he is getting pretty good at it. Here are just a couple of his drawings.

Lily follows everything Calvin does, so of course she also loves to draw. You can't quite figure out what she has made a picture of, so I always ask her what it is and put little narration notes on the picture. One day she drew a crazy, scribble picture and Jon asked her what it was, she said "It is a bad storm." Jon still laughs about that.

Uncle Derek's birthday card. The top says: Derek's Castle Birthday. It is a picture of Megan, Travis, Grandma and Derek as knights. Derek is the knight at the top and he is fishing in the castle mote. Calvin wrote everything at the top. I just helped him with the spelling. I wrote the smaller notes.

The picture below is of a pirate that is fishing with his pirate powers, not a fishing pole. His ship is right by him and it is raining, all of the circles are clouds. There is a lighting bolt on the left side and of course the X marks the spot.


1 comment:

Tina said...

I love little kid's drawings! It'll be fun to see how Calvin's develop as he grows older! He has such a great imagination!