Sunday, November 29, 2009

4 months and counting


Here I am 17 weeks pregnant. I am feeling a lot better now. Finally stopped taking 1/2 a Unisom at night. I can eat what I want to and for the most part I enjoy it. I only get heartburn occasionally, which I know will change as I get bigger. I barely got sick with the other two kids, so this was a little harder to deal with. I didn't really throw up a whole lot, I just felt like I was going to all the time. And exercising made me want to vomit, which is such a bummer for me because that it what I love to do.

At my 16 week appointment I had gained 2 pounds. Which I don't understand because I feel a lot bigger than I was with my other two. I think it is because I have lost muscle mass from not exercising. And muscle weighs more than fat, right? All pregnancy symptoms seem to happen faster, stay longer and be more of a bother this time around. I am trying to decide if that is because this is my 3rd pregnancy or because I didn't ever really heal from surgery before the symptoms started, who knows.

The baby kicks all the time, which I love. Lily and Calvin are very excited. Lily always talks to the baby, it is so cute. Calvin thinks this is a boy and Lily thinks it is a girl. Jon says he doesn't know. I think it is a boy. Because of the following reasons: Now that I can look back on both a boy and a girl pregnancy I can see the similarities this one has to the boy pregnancy. I am carrying pretty high like I did with Calvin. I can still button my pants and with Lily I swear she was so low she was threatening to come out even at 4 months along. I didn't get hardly any sickness with either but pretty much non at all with Lily, I was more sick with Calvin. My ultrasound is on Dec. 17th, we are going to have the ultrasound tech write Boy or Girl in a Christmas card and seal it for us to open on Christmas morning (thanks Tisha for the fun idea), so we will find out what it is soon enough. Either way, we will be thrilled!

1 comment:

Tina said...

How fun to open a card and find out if you are having a boy or girl . . . . I don't know if I could wait until Christmas morning!

With each pregnancy I felt I got bigger faster, and didn't have any trouble losing the weight until my 4th child . . . . which I didn't have until my 30's. I'm still trying to lose that weight and my baby is turning 14 this year!