Calvy walvy is 4 years old. For Calvin's birthday we took him to Toys R Us and he immediately fell in love with a dragon castle, of course, a dragon and a castle combined, what's not to love? Because this happened in the first five minutes, we convinced him to keep looking around and if he still wanted the castle at the end, then he could get it. He did find two other things he loved, A knight costume and a pirate Lego set (he wanted his own Lego set because his dad's 8 million Legos just won't cut it). So we told him he could either get both the Lego set and the costume or just the dragon castle. He thought very intently about this for a few minutes and he came up with a solution. He wanted the two presents for his birthday and he wanted Santa to get him the dragon castle for Christmas. It has been two weeks since this shopping trip and a day hasn't passed when he asks how many days until Christmas so that he can tell Santa that he wants the Dragon Castle. Even though he does love his knight costume and his Lego set, he just won't forget about the castle. He just cracks me up. I just love that he is only 4 and he has the patience of an adult. He hasn't once thrown a fit or said "I want it now", he is such a good kid.
After shopping we got him and Lily Crisp bean burritos from Taco Time. This is Calvin's favorite favorite meal. I think we have had more crisp bean burritos in the last six months then we have had in the last 10 years. Jon and I had real food from Cafe Rio! We then went to the movie because Calvin decided he would rather watch Monsters vs. Aliens then go to the Hogle Zoo. Which Jon and I were very happy with because the movie was at the $1 theater and was air conditioned unlike the $8 a person tickets to visit the 100 degree zoo. Calvin and Jon loved the movie, Lily and I just thought it was okay. Later that night he chose Sno cones for his birthday dessert. I got icecream in my sno cone and it was so delicious. Calvin had a very fun birthday.
About my little 4 year old:
I could not ask for a better little boy. Calvin amazes Jon and I everyday with the stuff he says and does. He is so well behaved (knock on wood), he is sweet and kind and smart. Calvin's favorite things are: swords, knights, dragons, pirates, castles, Book of Mormon stories, playing Legos with his dad, reading stories, watching movies, helping mom with chores and cooking, playing with friends and much more. Calvin can sound out words, recognize every letter sound, he can count to fifty (100 if I prompt him), he has an amazing memory, he remembers details to things that I would never remember, he is patient and helpful and we love him so much.
At Calvin's 4 year old check up he weighed 36 lbs and he was 40 inches tall, he is in the 50% for both.
1 comment:
What an adorable little boy! I just love him!
Post a Comment