Saturday, April 19, 2008

Protecting us from Dragons and Monsters


So Calvin has been on this Super Hero kick lately and it is very entertaining. We have been reading him a lot of fairy tales, especially Sir Kevin of Devin. This morning he woke up and told me that he would protect me from the monsters and he would slay the dragon for me and Lily. We were running errands this afternoon and we stopped by Party Land and he said he had to get Davey a sword for his birthday so he could slay the dragon and protect us too. Davey turned two today and he is one of our friends kids. I got Calvin and Davey swords and they protected us from dragons at the party, mostly by sword fighting with all of the other kids. I love this world of pretend. I was playing pretend with Calvin the other day and he was the dad and I was the daughter and he drove me all around town in his little play car and we visited Grandma Nancy, and Papa Jeffrey at the Post Office and got ice cream and every time we got back in the car he would buckle my pretend seatbelt and then ask me to buckle his. It is so fun hearing all of the creative things that are flowing through his imagination. And Lily loves driving Calvin's car and she is a much safer driver than he is. She is also a great explorer these days, she gets into everything and she attempts to climb the stairs everyday. These kids are growing up so fast. I wish I could bottle all of our experiences, but I guess blogging will have to do for now.

No comments: