Thursday, January 31, 2008

Our Prophet

With the passing of President Hinckley I just wanted to jot down some of my feelings about him. I am sure a lot of people have similar feelings about him. He was wonderful and everyone could see that. But for some reason I feel like I just lost one of my best friends. I never met him or talked to him but I felt like he loved me unconditionally. As if everytime he spoke he was speaking just to me. When I think of someone who was Christ-like I think of President Hinckley. He was glowing and magnificent in a way that I think Christ would be (on a smaller scale). He had a wonderful attitude that I want to acquire. He was the only prophet that I really felt close to. He taught me a lot in my youth and I always hung his sayings on my walls. What I will always remember is the feeling that came over me everytime I saw him or heard his voice. I would automatically smile and listen. He had a way of grasping my attention without being loud or overbearing. He grasped it with love. I am striving to heed his advice and his example on attitudes and the better I do at that, the closer I get to my Savior. Thank you President Hinckley for your wonderful counsel and shining countenance. I will miss you.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Thanks for the nice comments. I am sure you get a lot of news about President Hinckley's passing there. It is just a one sentence blurb in the news here. I feel like I am missing out. . . . if that makes sense . . . We will have access to the funeral on BYU TV on Direct TV. Cable own't even carry it. I'm sure he is very happy to be with his wife and former friends and family. I really am excited for him!!