Friday, December 27, 2013

Our house

I was just looking back through the blog and realized I never finished our big story about moving. Our lot did sell and we bought the house in Cedar Hills on Dover Circle at the end of April. We have been here about 8 months now. There is so much we love about this house and area but there have also been some adjustments. We have done some updating in the kitchen which was quite the project, but we love how it has turned out. Jon and his dad wired the garage for lights and 220 for the welder. And we put a slide off the deck. Our pipes froze at the beginning of winter. This is a whole story by itself. The sellers left us a note on the day we got our keys that said, by the way, our pipes freeze in the winter. So I called them about it and they said it has only happened a couple times in 14 years. But of course the first winter we are here the pipes froze, hmmm. Technically I have all the right real estate people to make them pay for this since it wasn't disclosed until after the purchased funded but Jon and I are not big on suing people so we are trying to deal with it ourselves. We do miss being in a cul da sac with lots of kids and we miss our friends from our old ward. But that would happen no matter what. Some of the things we love about being here: The house is a great floorplan. We have really enjoyed the big kitchen/great room, deck, big pantry, lots of rooms, big porch and garage, so many closets, the jetted tub. The kids love that they can walk or ride bikes to school. This ward is great and we have made a lot of friends. I was the gospel doctrine teacher for 6 months. That was a scary calling but a good experience. I am now the relief society secretary. Jon is the cub scout advancement chair. We love being in a cul da sac with two house it is very quiet and our neighbors, the Nobles are very nice people. He is the Stake president. We are very happy with our move, it was a very long journey but we feel at peace about it. And Jon has been more happy and content here then anywhere we have ever been, so it has been worth it. And here are tons of pictures.




























 The place we bought our paint from mixed up two gallons but of different colors, so we had to paint twice. It was a pain but we got the paint for free.









 We had to trim this huge hedge in the backyard. That was an all day family project.

 We added beadboard and magnet board to the kitchen and dining.




 I planted flowers and they lasted all spring, summer and fall, they were beautiful.
 Josh working on our backsplash.



Before picture of the kitchen.






1 comment:

Jenna and Daniel said...

The kitchen looks great! Great job on it, it looks like a lot of hard work!