
Back in September, if I remember right, we went crazy and decided to buy a new mattress. Not just any mattress, the most expensive mattress available. Which is so not like us at all. We like deals and free stuff with our deals, however, we have been wanting a new mattress for a looooong time and so when we finally decided to buy one, we wanted to get the right one. From all of the reviews and word of mouth we decided to get a Tempur Pedic. We both liked the way it felt and it has a twenty year warranty. It is suppose to never get those annoying dips because it doesn't have any springs. I was also having trouble with my arms and legs falling to sleep and tingling and waking me up at night, the salesman seemed to think that was from the springs hitting my pressure points and so with no springs my problem would be solved. I wanted a super soft mattress, so we couldn't just settle with the normal somewhat firm tempur pedic, we had to upgrade and get the cloud supreme. This mattress was one pretty penny because we still wanted a king size. Oh man was I sick after spending the money and I was so worried we wouldn't like it.
The mattress was delivered and after the first few nights I was so upset, I did not like it at all!! It was so hard and it stunk. Not like a good new car smell, a really bad new mattress smell. My pillow was flat and super stinky. I called the company and they said to walk all over it and break it in and it could take up to a month to be comfortable. A month, really, I only had a month to decide if I wanted to exchange it. The company did send me a new cloud pillow and I love it!! No exaggeration, I love the pillow!! I am the pickiest pillow person, I always had three by me at night so that I can switch through out the night. I don't know why, my neck is just always uncomfortable. This pillow solved that problem and I don't know if I can ever do without my wonderful cloud pillow. Jon's is just a normal tempur pillow and I think it is as hard as a rock, but he loves his too. We walked all over the mattress, let the kids jump on it, put heating pads on it, etc, etc and it was still hard. But Jon loved it, so I kept trying. I can now say that I have loved it the last 2 months. I sleep really soundly and it is so comfortable. I think I can now say it was maybe worth the money if it really lasts for 20 plus years, and the best part is I found my dream pillow!!
1 comment:
The memory foam really does stink at first, just because of the way it is made. I love ours, my hubby hasn't complained for a while, but I don't thinkg he has e.v.e.r. liked a mattress we've had and probably never will! We got ours second hand (from someone who hated it) free!! so we didn't have to deal with the initial smell, but I can't figure out which one we have, I haven't seen anything like it, but it is a temper pedic, that I know!!! (just has a super pillowly soft mat on top with sheep inlaid on it, hmmmmmmm)
Post a Comment