Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Preschool Graduation


On May 21st Calvin had his preschool graduation program. I told Miss Janae that I was a little nervous about him actually sitting up in front of everyone (because he gets really scared when people look at him). She said she was not worried at all because Calvin was one of the leaders of the class. He loved singing and helping all of the kids learn the songs. When we walked in Miss Janae's backyard Calvin said, "what are all of these people doing here?" I said that they were there to watch the kids sing, at that point he kind of panicked. Needless to say, he did sit in his seat but he would not sing or dance. He put his little cap over his eyes when he walked up to get his "diploma". When we were on our way home he said, "Can I sing you my songs?" and he sang all of the program songs in order to our little family.

Calvin loved being in preschool. Miss Janae said that he is ready for kindergarten. He is only 3, so that is not going to happen. She said he always wanted to help everyone else learn. That he was such a good team player and that he is really advanced in sequencing. She said when he tells a story he won't just skip to the plot, that he will do the begining, middle and end of the story. She also said that he knows all of his sounds and can start to sound out words. I hope that I can keep him interested in reading this summer so that he is still excited about it for his second year of preschool.







1 comment:

Tina said...

Congrats Calvin . . . he is such a cutey!