Thursday, September 4, 2008

Las Vegas

We went to Vegas for Labor Day weekend to celebrate our 6th anniversary(a few weeks late). We had such an amazing time. We probably walked 20 miles, no joke. I even bought $60 shoes ( it almost killed me to spend that much on shoes) because I was getting blisters and I couldn't wear my sandals anymore. I love my new shoes though, they saved our trip and they are so cute.

It was really fun to walk down the strip and go in all of the awesome buildings. I could not believe how huge the hotels were. They were so amazing to look at. I did not like the smoke filled casinos, how can people have such a nasty habit. And I could not believe all of the naked women everywhere, I mean practically naked. It was really degrading. Every where you looked people where handing out pictures of naked girls and there were naked women statues and naked girls dancing and on and on and on. I really felt sick from it. But if you can look past that horrible stuff Vegas has some great things to offer. Like the 2 shows we went to. Mystere was so great, the acrobats did unbelievable things. There were two men lifting each other in crazy ways that would take so much strength our jaws were dropped at how cool it was. And they were doing flips by jumping each other off of a teetor totter. And then Phantom was so incredible. I was memorized the whole time. The opening scene was one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I loved the Venetian hotel. That is where Phantom was playing. It was beautiful. These pictures don't do justice for anything in Vegas. But it will give you an idea.
This is in Ceasar's Palace. We walked into one shop there and there was a purse on clearance so I asked how much it was, would you even guess that a normal priced purse would be $1600, let alone a clearance one!

This mock Eiffel Tower was gorgeous, it made me want to go to Paris to see the real one.


This is the Venetian. We are standing on the bridge above where they give gondala rides. This was my favorite place. It was amazing inside and out.
Calvin loves this picture of dad in front of the castle. He wants to go to the castle and I said maybe when he is older. Like married older, there is no way I am taking my kids to Vegas.

And of course the Las Vegas Strip, so fun to walk up and down and see everything.

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Oh- I'm sure it was so fun. I'm glad you got to finally have your anniversary!!

AMS said...

what fun! i love vegas, too! but definately not "a family place" that's for sure. I want to take chuck, he's never been, and it's been so long since i've been, i'm sure things have changed!

The Beals said...

So fun! We LOVE vegas!! Your right.. it definetly isn't such a great kid atmosphere on the strip.. but it sure is fun! Any time you guys want to go again we should go together. We have lots of family there.. fun places to stay.. and TONS and TONS of other "kid friendly" places to go.. and lots of babysitters.. so we can get out to the non kid friendly ones!

jeri said...

I like Jon's beard. It looks like a fun trip, I wish you had won money though!