Thursday, June 25, 2015

Lily's birthday

I can't believe that it's been 8 years since our little Lily bug was born. She is such a blessing in our lives. She is sweet and loving and kind and helpful. For her birthday she wanted to go to Funtopia and do some rock climbing. We had a fun time as a family. We went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant and then went to pick out her present at Toys R Us. She chose these cute little happy puppies that zoom around. I gave her a couple of new dresses in the morning and we also gave her her very own set of scriptures with her name on them. Also, a very fun thing happened. She had been wanting the old tiny Polly Pockets, since they don't sell them anymore I had been trying to win them on eBay. The night before her birthday we stopped by Jon's sisters house and as we were walking in I was holding my phone about to make a bid on a polly pocket but I got distracted and started talking to somebody and forgot to make the bid. Jon's sister Emily asked what I was bidding on and I told her that we had been wanting the old miniature Polly Pockets. She told Jon and I to come up stairs and she showed us her own personal stash of Polly Pockets from when she was a little girl. She let us take them home for Lily. On Lily's birthday I hid them all over the house and sent her on a scavenger hunt to find them. She was so happy about getting those that she started crying. She had a very happy and fun day.

No comments: