Saturday, September 7, 2013

Food, food, food

Today I made my own Qia cereal. This is our favorite cereal but it's so expensive so I went to the health store and got the stuff to make my own and it was way less expensive. It is our favorite because it gives us energy and fills us up.  And Jon notices a big difference in sustained energy when he eats this before he goes on a bike ride or physical activity. It has chia seeds, hemp seeds, buckwheat groats, almonds, coconut, and something or seen. We mix it with almond milk or yogurt and add a few cranberries on top.

The other thing we like to have in the morning is Crio bru which is ground cocoa beans that you bru like coffee. It is full of antioxidants and Jon and I both feel more alert and focused when we drink this.

I made baked garbanzo beans and kale chips for the first time. I'm not sure if I'll do that again they weren't my favorite.

Tonight for dinner I made spinach pesto pasta which was delicious. And to go along with it I made my mom's homemade breadsticks recipe which I haven't had for a while. She used to make these every Halloween with homemade chili and it was one of my favorite meals.






No comments: