Friday, June 17, 2011

One is fun!

This post is all about Ava at 12 months old. Ava turned 1 on May 10th. I took these pictures of her and we had such a blast dressing her up and making her smile. I love the one with the hat because it shows how she was tired and needed a break after all of that modeling. I wish I could make her sign some sort of contract that says she can not grow up until I am ready. Unfortunately, I can't. But she does get more and more fun everyday!
Ava is such a fun girl. She is full of personality. She knows what she wants and she is not afraid to raise her voice and tell us. She loves to crawl around and explore. She follows Lily and Calvin everywhere, but she does not like when they touch her and she tells them so. Ava can destroy a clean kitchen in 2 minutes. She loves to pull everything out of the drawers, cupboards, and pantry. She loves to throw and smear food everywhere. She likes to feed herself, which I don't love, but I give in to her request because she really wants to hold her spoon. Ava talks gibberish and we love it, she can get us all laughing. She can say a few real words like, mama, dada, uh-oh, baba. She loves to give hugs and kisses and she is really a mamma's girl right now. She walks around furniture but she is too scared to let go right now. She is a great sleeper, usually 7:30 pm-7:30 am, with one 3 hour nap in the middle of the day. She loves taking baths and playing in the water with Lily, we leave the tap on a little and she will fill her toys up and dump them out. If I would let her she would stay outside all day long. She loves being outside but she doesn't love crawling in the grass, so she does the stink bug crawl on her hands and feet with her rump in the air. I love watching her crawl like that. She will be walking really soon. One of my favorite things about Ava is that she claps at everything that she likes. She is a happy spunky little girl and we love her!
At her 1 year Doctor's checkup she weighed 20 lbs 5 oz 34th% and she was 30 1/2 inches 87th%.









Posted by Picasa

No comments: